Rehabilitation for Workers Compensation & CTP Insurance Claims in ACT
At EmPower we understand that recovering from an injury sustained at work, or in a motor vehicle accident can be a long and challenging process. Our team has extensive experience in supporting patients through insurance claims, and, where possible, returning employees to their normal work duties.
We provide one-on-one care during treatment, initially focusing on education, injury management and the development of a goal orientated functional program. As our clients progress through their work-conditioning program, more independence is promoted to ensure greater self-management whilst under our guidance to achieve optimal rehabilitation outcomes.
Operating out of multiple Club Lime state-of-the-art facilities, our clients have access to all modern gym equipment, large studio floor space, outdoor training areas and onsite hydrotherapy and indoor heated pools. This provides you with the ideal environment to progress through your rehabilitation and return to your optimal function in a timely manner.
We also provide extensive reporting to assist all parties to track progress, identify areas of need and best manage the client’s workplace injury.
Below are some conditions our team at EmPower Exercise Physiology can provide you services for:
- Chronic disease management – osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, PTSD, cancer, obesity, asthma, diabetes
- Musculoskeletal conditions and injuries – sporting related injuries, return to work claims
- Cardiopulmonary conditions
- Hip, knee and shoulder surgery rehabilitation, post-surgery joint replacement rehab
- Chronic Pain, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Falls Prevention
- Work related injuries and rehabilitation programs
- Sport specific strength and conditioning programs – biomechanics, fitness testing, strength and power development, speed and agility, flexibility and exercise skill and technique
Frequently Asked Questions
Exercise Physiologists are university qualified allied health professionals. We specialise in the prevention, treatment and management of injuries and/or chronic disease through exercise prescription. The aim of Exercise Physiology interventions are to restore one’s optimal physical function, health and wellness. These interventions are evidence-based and include health and physical activity education, advice and support, and lifestyle modification with a strong focus on achieving behavioural change. In addition, we can also assist athletes with sporting performance, strength and conditioning, as well as injury prevention techniques.
Medicare, DVA Health Cards (Gold & White), NDIS, Workers Compensation and Private Health rebates are available for Exercise Physiology services. We have HICAPS for on the spot claiming for your convenience.
You may be eligible to be referred by your GP to receive up to 5 Medicare rebated sessions every calendar year
Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) are allied-health professionals with Medicare Provider numbers and are trained members of the health and medical sector. They have completed a 4 Year University Degree and are accredited with Exercise & Sports Science Australia (ESSA). Exercise Physiologists specialise in graded exercise therapy and lifestyle interventions for persons at risk of developing, or with existing chronic and complex medical conditions and injuries.
Personal Trainers are members of the sport and recreation sector. They are required to complete a certificate III & IV in Fitness, which enables them to work with general healthy populations. Personal Trainers are qualified and insured to design and deliver fitness programs to persons of low risk and provide ongoing motivation and support to assist with reaching fitness goals.
In general, your consultation will include the following:
• An initial assessment to understand your current health, capabilities and physical status
• Assessment of your exercise history
• An explanation of how exercise can assist with treating or improving conditions/quality of life
• An opportunity to determine and discuss goals relating to health and exercise, with strategies to achieve these goals
• Development of an individualised exercise program, home or clinic based, in a group or individual setting
• Discussion and instructions on how to complete the prescribed program, instructions on correct techniques, intensity and frequency of the exercises in your program
• A detailed written report back to your referring GP, specialist or other health practitioner
• Discussion of your goals, regular monitoring in the clinic or periodic reviews and program upgrades
Anyone is welcome to make an appointment with one of our Exercise Physiologists. All patients under Medicare, DVA, Workers Compensation and CTP claims will need a referral prior to attending an initial consultation to receive a rebate. Rebates are available through private health insurance, no referral is needed for this.