Looking for Hydrotherapy in ACT
Are you recovering from surgery or an injury?
Do you experience pain or discomfort when performing land-based exercises or tasks?
Do you love the idea of being in a nice warm pool that allows you to move with more ease and comfort?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then hydrotherapy could just be the perfect fit for you!
EmPower uses an onsite specialised hydrotherapy pool, providing individualised and group services depending on your needs.
The use of warm water has numerous therapeutic benefits that may help your injury or condition. The Hydrostatic pressure of the water in our hydro pool creates a comfortable environment for your body, and can reduce swelling, improve circulation, decrease pain and help muscles relax.
The buoyancy of water can help to offload irritated joints allowing you to move with more ease and comfort while you strengthen your muscles and increase your tolerance to perform land-based activities and tasks.
Below are some conditions our team at EmPower Better Health can provide you services for:
- Chronic disease management – osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, PTSD, cancer, obesity, asthma, diabetes
- Musculoskeletal conditions and injuries – sporting related injuries, return to work claims
- Cardiopulmonary conditions
- Hip, knee and shoulder surgery rehabilitation, post-surgery joint replacement rehab
- Chronic Pain, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Falls Prevention
- Work related injuries and rehabilitation programs
- Sport specific strength and conditioning programs – biomechanics, fitness testing, strength and power development, speed and agility, flexibility and exercise skill and technique
Hydrotherapy Frequently Asked Questions
One-on-one hydrotherapy sessions are available Monday to Friday between 8am-5pm depending on pool booking availability.
We also offer weekly hydrotherapy small groups (max. 4) and larger group classes (max. 12) to ensure we cater to your needs. See below.
Please note that all our hydrotherapy classes are accessible by appointment only. If you would like to participate in any of our hydrotherapy services, just contact our friendly team to book in for an appointment.
CISAC Club Lime Hydro Pool:
Thursday: 1.15-2pm & 2-3pm
ANU Club Lime Pool:
No. You do not need a referral to participate in our hydrotherapy services, however, all patients under Medicare, DVA, Workers Compensation and CTP claims will need a referral prior to attending your initial consultation to receive a rebate.
Not necessarily. The exercises do not specifically require swimming though it is important that you feel comfortable in the water. All of the pools we use have shallow sections (less than 1 meter) and safety rails for your comfort, safety and convenience.
Yes! All of our hydrotherapy pools are wheelchair accessible with built in safety ramps and rails.
There are some situations that may mean hydrotherapy is not a suitable option for you right now:
- Post-surgical wound healing, skin irritation or infection
- Compromised immunity (chemotherapy, illness, autoimmune drug therapy etc.)
- Uncontrolled conditions that can affect consciousness such as Diabetes, Epilepsy or low blood pressure
- Significant incontinence or stomach upset
If you are unsure whether you should engage in hydrotherapy, check with your doctor and be sure to discuss your concerns with your Exercise Physiologist during your initial consultation.